Sunday, February 9, 2014

The start of a journey..

I graduated high school in 2006 at the whopping height of 5'3, weighing 97lbs. I was also a Varsity Lacrosse and Softball player. A few years later and I am absolutely none of those things anymore, aside from a high school graduate. I am now a 25 year old women, still 5'3, but a tad "thicker" at around 180lbs depending on the day. Sometimes I'm 170! ;) My heaviest was 195, I vowed to myself that if I ever reached 200 I would take a short walk off a long pier. Last month I joined a regular gym. I was going 2x a day typically, eating better and walking on my lunch break at work. I went from 195 to 180, but to be honest I had no clue what I was doing at the gym. I just tackled the elliptical pre-cor machine thing and did the occasional "old lady" toning class. I felt like I was doomed to count calories, be an incompetent gym goer and be unhappy forever. My gym trial was up not to mention I was tired of catching a glimpse in the mirror and wanting to cry because of my chinzzz. But in a couple of days something kind of...changed for me. Tuesday I joined Crossfit. I had a short introductory class and figured what could hurt if I forked over the absurd amount of money (that is cheaper than just hiring a Personal Trainer, in the Hamptons no less!) The bottom line was I wanted results, I wanted to feel accomplished, I wanted more than a jog on the old Treadmill and to feel like I actually knew what I was doing.

 This is my blog dedicated to fighting the fat, navigating crossfit as a no0b, and to help me spread the knowledge that I accrue along the way for other people that are possibly just starting out their journey too. This is also to show that not every single person at Crossfit is ripped. I am a completely normal slightly over-weight American woman trying not to make an ass out of myself while exploring a hopefully happier, healthier lifestyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment